Would you like to work in a dynamic education environment, preparing students from across the world for a UK Higher Education? This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work in our Kingston University International Study Centre empowering international students to learn the interesting world of Economics.
Teaching in small classes (average 10-15) students, you will teach modules from the International Year One (Level 4). We welcome an innovative, creative, and student-centred approach, and give you the autonomy to create an engaging learning environment for the students. There is support available from the team and ample development opportunities as this is highly encouraged within the centre. The overall admin is low, so you can really focus on delivering the most effective classes.
Our Kingston University International Study Centre is a high achieving, fast-paced, and forward-thinking centre that has experienced some very exciting growth. Based in the centre of the beautiful Kingston University campus, the centre offers excellent modern facilities and is only a short commute from London.
- Delivering Economics modules (through teaching) to international students studying on programmes offered by the Centre and assisting with the development of modules.
- Preparing module examinations and other forms of formative and summative assessment, marking and providing feedback to students, including re-sit examinations.
- Assisting with the development and maintenance of the Centre’s virtual learning environment (VLE). Facilitating student access to same.
- Providing input for related modules to the annual review and reporting process.
- Maintaining an accurate and up-to-date record of student attendance and performance.
- Providing, when/if required, academic learning support to a small number of students.
- Participating in regular meetings with teaching and support staff.
- You will be a student centred Tutor, with experience in teaching Economics at Level 3 or above, in a Further Education or Higher Education setting.
- Experience teaching at Undergrad level would be highly advantageous.
- You’ll require a Master Qualification in Economics, or a relevant subject area.
- Experience teaching small classes or seminars would be highly desirable.
- You’ll be able to show examples of lesson content that you have designed, developed, and delivered.
We are Study Group, a global pathway provider in International Education, working in partnership with a number of Top Tier University Partners. Voted as the 2017 and 2018 Global Pathway Provider of the year, our people are united with the shared ambition of providing a world-class UK education to talented students from across the globe.
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same dedication. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate.
Study Group processes your information in line with data protection regulations.
We will be reviewing, and progressing with successful candidates from when an application is received. This is a rolling recruitment process so please do not hesitate to apply to avoid disappointment.
Please apply via the link.